May 15, 2010

Four Months and counting...

Today marks the 62nd anniversary of Nabka (catastrophe) where many Palestinians became refugees and were displaced from their homes, still without the right to return.

Today I realized it has been four months since I returned from Palestine. While I think of Palestine everyday and dream of Palestine every night, I still feel I am not doing my short time spent there justice. I feel more at home sleeping on the floor then in a bed, taking cold showers, and drinking as much tea as possible. Yet I know it is not enough.

How do you explain that a few months can change your life!?

How do you explain the will of Palestinian's in the face of events you know everyday American's can't imagine!?

My only excuse, for not writing about my everyday experiences in Palestine, is that I feel my words will not adequately explain the truth. From here on out I refuse to let my shortcomings be an excuse. I will do my best to explain how, four months later, I can still remember every single day spent in Palestine.

No comments:

Post a Comment